Tucker’s Grove Campground (Established Early 1870s)

  • screen 1
  • screen 2
  • screen 3
  • screen 4
  • screen 5
  • screen 6

.

Seven acres of land, along with 100 tents, constitute Tucker’s Grove Campground, which was purchased by William C. Tucker in 1878. The land had previously been used for white camp meetings.

 The campground’s original arbor was made of heavy timber, constructed using a tongue, groove and peg method, and had a wood shingle roof. In time, it was reinforced with metal, and the roof was replaced with tin.

Tucker's Grove was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1972.